The Price of the Montherlant Circle – Academy of the fine arts 2018 selected 6 books for its edition 2018.
The selection is the following one :
- Joseph-Benoît Suvée (1743-1807) de Sophie Join-Lambert et Anne Leclair, aux Éditions Arthena
- Georges de la Tour. Le maître des nuits de Robert Fohr, aux Editions Cohen & Cohen
- Pérégrinations. Paysages entre nature et histoire de Pierre Wat, aux Éditions Hazan
- Voir la musique de Florence Gétreau, aux Editions Citadelles & Mazenod
- Peindre le rêve de Daniel Bergez, aux Editions Citadelles & Mazenod
- Peintres photographes de Michel Poivert, aux Editions Citadelles & Mazenod
The jury is composed of Mr. Jean Cortot,member of the Academy of the fine arts, Foreman of the jury, Mr. Laurent Petitgirard, perpetual Secretary of the Academy of the fine arts, Mrs. Hélène Carrère d‘ Encausse, perpetual Secretary of the French Academy, Mr. Patrick de Carolis, President of the Academy of the fine arts, director of the Museum Marmottan Monet, Mr. Adrien Goetz,member of the Academy of the fine arts, Mrs. Roselyne Bachelot–Narquin, former minister, Mr. Francis Baillet, President of the Montherlant Circle, Mr. Olivier Dassault, deputy of Oise, artist, Mr. Jean–Pierre Grivory, Chief Executive Officer of the Company “Parfums Salvador Dali”, Mrs. Dina Kawar, ambassadorof the Kingdom hachémite of Jordan at the Security Council, Mrs. Nathalie Obadia, gallery owner, Mrs. Maryvonne Pinault, patron andcollector, Mr. François–Xavier de Sambucy de Sorgue, President of the Montherlant Circle and Co–Président of the jury, Mr. Edward Vignot, historian of Article.
The attribution of the price will take place in October; it will be given under the Cupola ofthe Palace of Institut de France on November 21st at the time of the solemn Meeting of the Academy of the fine arts.